Arizona State University has many clubs, but one club that makes the campus very unique is the Digital Media Organization Club. It was just started this school year, and already has many members. We have already made a lot of progress in the club and have so many awesome ideas for this year, and years to come! You don't have to be good at photography to join this club. You just have to be interested in social media and promoting our school in a positive manner.
For those that don't know what our club does, here is just a handle full of things.
- We run many facebook pages (mostly clubs) and promote what is going on in them at the moment.
- We run this website! (asuhavasusundevils.weebly.com)
- We hold photo contest (prizes included)!!
- Currently, we are working on a Snapchat Geofilter. Super cool, right?!
- We have so many ideas that we plan to carry out in the upcoming months. Some of these include: Seven days of Sundevil Spirit (Stay tuned to find out what that is next semester)!, a possible ASU Havasu calendar, publishing students own photographs on our pages and around campus, and many, many more!
The possibilities are endless. The more ideas the better. If you are to join, we can guarantee your ideas will be heard!
This brings us to the Top 5 reasons you should join..
- Clubs/Organizations not only are a blast, but they look great on resumes. When applying for a job or grad school, people want to see what makes you unique. They want to see why you stand out. Being a part of our club will help you do so.
- We have so many opportunities. Since ASU Havasu is a smaller campus, you have a better chance at standing out. At larger schools, you are a just a number and the odds of your ideas being implemented are low. At ASU Havasu, every idea is heard. You can make a big difference just by being here. You are not just a face in the crowd.
- We are a tight family. Every one is very caring and friendly. You will make friends fast. Especially in an organization like DMO. We meet weekly, sometimes more than once, and because of that, you will get to know the members quickly.
- You learn a lot, fast! You will learn all about social media and how to interact in the cyber world. You will learn about what people like to read, and what will catch their eye. You want your post to stand out from others. Our organization will help you learn how to do this.
- If you're interested or passionate about a career involving social media or photography, this organization is for you. You will enjoy all of the things we are doing, and most of all, you will be able to get hands on experience doing it.
Joining is easy. All you have to do is show up! Our meetings are generally Tuesday at 8 AM, or Sundays at 6 PM in the Student Center. We hope to see you there!
By: Savannah Rayburn